What is a normal BMI for a child?
For children, BMI is presented as a percentile, which plots the child’s BMI next to other children of the same age and sex. Falling between the 5th and 85th percentiles is considered normal and healthy.
How do you work out a child’s BMI?
The KidsHealth BMI Calculator
- Select your unit of measurement (US standard or metric).
- Select your child’s gender (male or female).
- Enter your child’s birth date (month/day/year).
- Enter your child’s height.
- Enter your child’s weight.
- Click “Calculate BMI” and then look at the chart below for the results.
How do you calculate your simple BMI?
You can use a simple formula to determine your BMI.
How to Calculate Your Body Mass Index
- Multiply your height in inches times your height in inches.
- Divide your weight by the number you arrived at in Step 1.
- Multiply the number you came up with in Step 2 by 705. The result is your BMI.
What is a normal weight for a 6 year old?
The average 6-year-old is about 45 inches tall and weighs approximately 45 pounds. Your child will double that weight by the time he reaches adolescence and grow to five feet tall or more!
What is a good BMI for a 10 year old?
For example, a 10-year-old boy of average height (56 inches) who weighs 102 pounds would have a BMI of 22.9 kg/m2.
How do you calculate BMI manually?
Then, calculate BMI by dividing weight in pounds (lb) by height in inches (in) squared and multiplying by a conversion factor of 703. When using a handheld calculator, if your calculator has a square function, divide weight (lb) by height (in) squared, multiply by 703, and round to one decimal place.
What is a good BMI?
For most adults, an ideal BMI is in the 18.5 to 24.9 range. For children and young people aged 2 to 18, the BMI calculation takes into account age and gender as well as height and weight. If your BMI is: below 18.5 – you’re in the underweight range.
What is my child’s ideal weight?
Your child is a healthy weight if their BMI for age and sex is from the 5th to below the 85th percentile. A child below the 5th percentile is below a healthy weight (underweight), and a child at the 85th percentile and above is above a healthy weight.
What is a good BMI for my age?
A BMI of between 18.5 and 24.9 is ideal. A BMI of between 25 and 29.9 is overweight. A BMI over 30 indicates obesity.
What is the average weight for a 7 year old?
Big Kid weight and height averages
|Height||3 ft 7 in (108 cm)|
|6 years||Weight||44 lb 12 oz (20.3 kg)|
|Height||3 ft 9 in (115 cm)|
|7 years||Weight||50 lb 8 oz (22.9 kg)|
What is the average height for a 6 year girl?
What is considered a normal growth rate?
|Age||Height – Females||Weight – Females|
|6||42 to 49 inches||36 to 60 pounds|
|8||47 to 54 inches||44 to 80 pounds|
|10||50 to 59 inches||54 to 106 pounds|
|12||55 to 64 inches||68 to 136 pounds|
How can my 6 year old lose weight?
Your child — and the whole family — can eat healthier with a few simple steps:
- Cut back on processed and fast foods. They tend to be higher in calories and fat. …
- Don’t serve sugary drinks. Swap soda, juice, and sports drinks for water and skim or low-fat milk.
- Encourage good eating habits. …
- Make small changes.