To calculate BMI in Google Sheets either by using formula or manually, you need the weight and height measurements first. The BMI is universally expressed in kg/m2. But in some countries, the measuring system may be different. If pounds and inches are used, a conversion factor of 703 must be applied (703*lb/in2).
How do you calculate BMI formula?
The formula is BMI = kg/m2 where kg is a person’s weight in kilograms and m2 is their height in metres squared. A BMI of 25.0 or more is overweight, while the healthy range is 18.5 to 24.9. BMI applies to most adults 18-65 years.
How do you enter BMI in Excel?
What To Do
- Open Microsoft Excel, then press Alt+F11on keyboard, so VBE (Visual Basic Editor) window is displayed.
- Open a module by selecting Module on Insert menu and write this script: Function BMI(weight, height) BMI = weight / (height / 100) ^ 2 End Function.
- Close the VBE window and back to Excel.
How do you calculate BMI with height and weight?
Then, calculate BMI by dividing weight in pounds (lb) by height in inches (in) squared and multiplying by a conversion factor of 703. When using a handheld calculator, if your calculator has a square function, divide weight (lb) by height (in) squared, multiply by 703, and round to one decimal place.
What is the fastest way to calculate BMI?
How to Calculate Your Body Mass Index
- Multiply your height in inches times your height in inches.
- Divide your weight by the number you arrived at in Step 1.
- Multiply the number you came up with in Step 2 by 705. The result is your BMI.
What is a good BMI?
For most adults, an ideal BMI is in the 18.5 to 24.9 range. For children and young people aged 2 to 18, the BMI calculation takes into account age and gender as well as height and weight.
What is a BMI category?
The BMI is a convenient rule of thumb used to broadly categorize a person as underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese based on tissue mass (muscle, fat, and bone) and height. Commonly accepted BMI ranges are underweight (under 18.5 kg/m2), normal weight (18.5 to 25), overweight (25 to 30), and obese (over 30).
What is classification of BMI?
Table 4Classification of Weight Status by Body Mass Index (BMI)
|Classification||BMI ( kilogram/m 2 )|
|Obesity Class 1||30-34.9|
What is my ideal weight?
Weight and height guide chart
|4ft 10″ (58″)||91 to 115 lbs.||119 to 138 lbs.|
|4ft 11″ (59″)||94 to 119 lbs.||124 to 143 lbs.|
|5ft (60″)||97 to 123 lbs.||128 to 148 lbs.|
|5ft 1″ (61″)||100 to 127 lbs.||132 to 153 lbs.|
How do I determine my ideal weight?
Body mass index (BMI) is one of the most popular ways to calculate an ideal weight range. Getting your current BMI is as easy as plugging your height and weight into a calculator. A result between 18.5 and 24.9 means you’re in the “normal” weight range for your height.
How much should I walk to lose weight BMI?
Walking 1 hour each day can help you burn calories and, in turn, lose weight. In one study, 11 moderate-weight women lost an average of 17 pounds (7.7 kg), or 10% of their initial body weight, after 6 months of brisk daily walking ( 3 ).
How do I calculate BMI on my website?
Add a BMI Calculator To Your Website
- Simply click on the orange bmi calculator widget dimensions buttons.
- Click on the code in the righthand box.
- This code should then be copied and pasted into the section of your site where you want it placed.
Can Google Forms calculate fields?
Google Forms does not support dynamic calculations, but you can use Formfacade’s calculate field option to automatically compute and display the data in real-time to the user filling the form. Calculated fields allow you to compute a field with values from other fields.
How do I add a Formfacade?
Add a short answer question in your Google Form and use our add-on to write the expression to dynamically calculate the value for this short answer question.
- Step 1: Open your Google Form > Click on “Add-on” menu > Select “Formfacade” > Formfacade popup menu will be shown.