According to BMI charts, a value of 33 is considered obese.
Is 33 a healthy BMI?
The higher the BMI, the greater the risk of developing additional health problems. A healthy weight is considered to be a BMI of 24 or less. A BMI of 25 to 29.9 is considered overweight. A BMI of 30 and above is considered obese.
What is the best BMI for a woman?
A BMI of 18.5–24.9 is considered normal or healthy for most women. Even though healthcare professionals can use BMI as a screening tool, they shouldn’t use it as a method to evaluate a person’s body fat levels or health status ( 32 ).
Can you have weight loss surgery with a BMI of 33?
The NIH guidelines for weight loss surgery state that bariatric surgery can be considered for patients who have a BMI greater than 40, or a BMI greater than 35 with major weight-related medical problems (such as diabetes).
Is a BMI of 32 considered obese?
Your BMI is 32. BMI values between 18.5 and 24 are considered normal weight. Your BMI of 32 falls into the category considered obese.
What weight do I need to be to have a BMI of 25?
4 in. tall is considered overweight (BMI is 25 to 29) if she weighs between about 145 and 169 pounds. She is considered obese (BMI is 30 or more) if she is closer to 174 pounds or more.
What is a good weight for a 5 4 female?
Weight and height guide chart
|5ft 3″ (63″)||107 to 135 lbs.||141 to 163 lbs.|
|5ft 4″ (64″)||110 to 140 lbs.||145 to 169 lbs.|
|5ft 5″ (65″)||114 to 144 lbs.||150 to 174 lbs.|
|5ft 6″ (66″)||118 to 148 lbs.||155 to 179 lbs.|
How do I determine my ideal weight?
Here are general guidelines.
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the “underweight” range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to 24.9, it falls within the “normal” or Healthy Weight range.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to 29.9, it falls within the “overweight” range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the “obese” range.
What is the best BMI to have?
For most adults, an ideal BMI is in the 18.5 to 24.9 range. For children and young people aged 2 to 18, the BMI calculation takes into account age and gender as well as height and weight.
How much should a 5’5 female weigh?
Height and Weight Chart
|5′ 4″||110 to 144 lbs.||174 to 227 lbs.|
|5′ 5″||114 to 149 lbs.||180 to 234 lbs.|
|5′ 6″||118 to 154 lbs.||186 to 241 lbs.|
|5′ 7″||121 to 158 lbs.||191 to 249 lbs.|
What does my BMI have to be to qualify for gastric sleeve?
To be eligible for bariatric surgery, you must be between 16 and 70 years of age (with some exceptions) and morbidly obese (weighing at least 100 pounds over your ideal body weight and having a BMI of 40).
What is the lowest BMI for gastric sleeve?
The National Institutes of Health has established a BMI of 40, or more than 100 pounds over a patient’s ideal weight, as the lowest level for an individual to be considered for bariatric surgery.
What is my BMI for a female?
Height: Weight: Your BMI is , indicating your weight is in the category for adults of your height. For your height, a normal weight range would be from to pounds.
Adult BMI Calculator.
|30.0 and Above||Obese|
What BMI should a man be?
An ideal BMI for an adult man is between 18.5 and 24.9.
How do I know if I am overweight for my age?
Based upon your BMI, you can find out if you are:
- Underweight: It means your BMI is less than 18.5.
- In normal or healthy weight range: If your BMI is 18.5 to 24.9.
- Overweight: If your BMI is 25.0 to 29.9.
- Obese: If your BMI is 30.0 or more.
How can I tell if Im overweight?
Adult Body Mass Index
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the healthy weight range.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obesity range.